Tips for reducing data usage
- Check your usage frequently if you download large files such as standard or high definition movies, or if you download video games through a gaming console. A standard definition movie is about 2 GB.
- Keep your computer spyware-free by running an anti-spyware program like Spybot - Search & Destroy and setting it to immunize your system. This will prevent unauthorized programs from gathering private information and slowing your computer.
- Have a current, functioning antivirus program installed and running on your computer.
- If you use peer-to-peer programs, make sure you are not sharing your files, or check your usage frequently if you choose to share files. While you may not be using peer-to-peer (P2P) programs, your children may be. If your usage is abnormally high, check their computers for any peer-to-peer programs.
- If you have a wireless router in your home, be sure to restrict its use to your own computers by turning on WEP or WPA encryption.
Using this site
- If you have multiple data services with MTA you can check all your usage using one service as a login.
- Always use the same service to login, using a different service will create a new profile.
- Add as many services to your listing as you want. You just need the DSL username and password or the mobile phone and pin numbers.
- After you add a service you will not have to reenter the password or pin.
- You can change the service you login with to any service in your listing. Just go to the Overview of your current login service and click "Switch Login Service".